What is the Fire Safety Awareness Training Course?
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 places a responsibility on all employers and business owners to provide employees with adequate fire safety training. This training should be regularly refreshed and evidence of training recorded in the fire logbook.
The Fire Awareness programme is a 3-hour programme of learning designed to provide an awareness to all employees on the hazards of fire in the workplace as well as basic actions in the event of fire.
- Fire safety regulations and legislation
- Definition and duties of the ‘Responsible Person’
- Types and classifications of fire
- Common causes of fire in the workplace – hazard spotting
- Fire safety features in buildings
- Action on discovering a fire & Evacuation procedures
- Fire Extinguishers
- Daily and weekly fire safety checks
- Record keeping
The course content is flexible to ensure that every WorkSafe Basic Fire Awareness programme is relevant to your specific workplace and employees.
End of course assessments
Assessments include a multiple-choice assessment paper (30 mins).
Qualifications & certification
Successful students will receive a certificate to confirm their attendance, which is valid for 3 years.