The SHEQ Approved scheme has three main aims:
Our team of auditors have extensive knowledge and experience in safety, health, environmental and quality management systems covering a vast range of industry sectors.
Each auditor is a trained Lead Assessor through an IRCA (International Register of Certified Auditors) course and also hold IEMA (Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment) and NEBOSH qualifications.
Information gathered from the Application and Pre-Assessment Questionaire (PAQ) stages of the process is used by our scheduling team to assign auditors based on their experience and knowledge of the suppliers sector, enabling consistency throughout the process ensuring all hazards and risks of the organisation are suitably assessed.
Each supplier organisation is subject to two assessments of their safety, health, environmental and quality management system. These are conducted over a two day period and consist of the following;
Audit 1 - Head office location (Main office / divisional office)
- One day assessment
- A full review of suppliers safety and health, environmental and quality management system in line with scheme and legal requirements
- Includes interviews with top management and employees
- Includes assessment and tour of facilities and infrastructure
Audit 2 - Operational Site (Construction site / manufacturing facility / offshore platform)
- One day assessment
- A review of supplier’s operational controls
- Assessment includes interviews with site management and operatives
- Assesses the effectiveness of the suppliers management system and links between organization's head office and site
- Includes tour of site and witnessing of work activities
Scoring and Reports
On completion of all assessments a comprehensive audit report is compiled with the assessment findings and details of good practice observed, non-conformities and observations.
All audit reports are verified internally by our compliance team, following verification, reports are issued to the supplier organisation and also uploaded onto the supplier database profile.
Buyers have the ability to search through the supplier database and view all supplier profiles which contain;
- Pre-assessment Information
- Audit Scores
- Audit Reports
- Corrective action plans
- Suppliers SHEQ Approved Certificate