What is the IATP Non-Licensed Asbestos Course?
The IATP (Formally Category B): Non-Licenced Works course is recommended for those who may need to carry out non-licenced and notifiable non-licenced asbestos removal. The training delivers the knowledge needed for removing asbestos safely, providing the knowhow to implement the necessary controls required to complete the work.
This course is a brilliant course to undertake even if you are looking to move on to more technical requirements of asbestos removal, such as licensed removal.
Anybody who already carries out non-licenced work can also use this course as an annual refresher.
The course is delivered over a day.
The course is split into two parts over the day and on successful completion you will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the following:
- The history of asbestos and asbestos regulations
- The properties and types of asbestos and where they may occur
- Health concerns and the increased risks to smokers
- General procedures to deal with an emergency release of fibres.
- How to avoid risks from asbestos
- Operations likely to disturb asbestos
- The risk assessment process
- Safe Working practices, control measures and the use of protective equipment.
- Reporting procedures
- Selection of correct RPE and PPE, and correct fitting and use including face fitting of masks.
- Hygiene and decontamination procedures and disposal
To effectively progress and complete the programme, individuals will be required to have knowledge and understanding relevant to all assessment criteria, a multiple-choice assessment is required along with a practical assessment.
The IATP Non-licensed Course lasts for 1 year from the course completion date.