What is IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing course?
The IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to effectively manage occupational health and safety within your organisation. You will learn how to develop and implement policies and procedures, as well as how to monitor and review health and safety performance.
The IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing course covers a range of topics, including:
- An introduction to occupational health and safety
- Risk management
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures
Training course programme
- A healthy company and why it makes good business sense to manage workplace health and wellbeing
- Health risk management
- Fitness for work and the importance of managing the fluctuations in people’s health status
- How the promotion of a wellbeing programme can influence and add value to an organisation Business benefits
- Practical advice and tools for managers to help create a healthy and productive place of work
- Improved mental health and wellbeing awareness across the organisation
- Fewer hours lost due to ill-health, resulting in greater productivity
- Internationally recognised certification for managers and supervisors
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain, with customers and other stakeholder
Why the course programme works
- Ensures you can manage physical and mental ill health risks
- Ensures you understand your own responsibilities for health and wellbeing
- Ensures you can manage fluctuations in people's health status and assess fitness for work
- Empowers you to measure your own performance
- Allows for reflections on good practice, both personally and organisation-wide
Course assessments and examination
IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing assessments are designed to evaluate delegates' understanding of the course content and include a multi-format question paper. There is no pass or fail for the examination, but all delegates must achieve a mark of at least 80% to receive their IOSH Certificate.
Course qualifications & certification
The IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing certificate is awarded to delegates on successful completion of the course.