What is the NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Health and Safety Leadership Excellence course?
NEBOSH has worked with Great Britain’s Health and Safety Regulator, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) to develop a one-day health and safety qualification for senior business leaders and anyone aspiring to this role.
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Health and Safety Leadership Excellence is interactive and thought provoking. The course content highlights the moral, legal and financial reasons for good health and safety leadership and offers guidance on the key areas to focus on to achieve it.
Training course programme & duration
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Health and Safety Leadership Excellence has been designed to help you become a better influencer of health and safety in your business. The course content covers the following topics:
- What health and safety leadership means,
- The moral, legal and financial reasons for good health and safety leadership,
- The links between health and safety leadership and culture,
- What the different leadership styles are,
- How human failures can impact performance and culture,
- The HSE’s model of effective health and safety leadership,
- How leaders can build effective relationships with the workforce.
You should plan your study around a minimum of 7 taught hours and approximately 3 hours of private study.
Course assessments and examination
The assessment will be in the form of reflective statements undertaken throughout the course.
These show how the learner’s knowledge, skill and behaviours may have both positive and negative effects on health and safety performance in their organisation.
Learners will also need to make a commitment to a leadership intervention that will improve health and safety management within their sphere of influence at work.
Learners must be registered before they can take an examination. All examination registrations must be completed by an accredited learning partner.