What is the CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) Refresher
- The current focus of the Health and Safety Executive’s attention
- Risk assessment and method statements
- Construction Site Health, Safety and Welfare
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Behavioural safety
- Occupational health
- Overview and changes to the current legislation affecting construction.
Duration: 2 days
You must hold a valid SMSTS certificate, which has been gained within the last five years. Candidates must take an SMSTS Refresher course before their existing certificate expires, otherwise the full SMSTS course will have to be taken again. You must also have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and examination
This is a highly interactive course delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations. In addition you will be required to undertake some self-study outside of the course. You will be continuously assessed and required to successfully complete a multiple-choice test.
Qualifications & certification
Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded a CITB Site Safety Plus certificate.
This qualification must be renewed every five years by attending another SMSTS Refresher course.