What is the CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme Refresher (SSSTS)
- How health and safety law is structured
- How the supervisory role fits in with the manager’s role in controlling the site safely
- Understanding the need for method statements
- Construction Site Health, Safety and Welfare
- Communication routes within site activity
- Behavioural safety
- Supervision of occupational health
Duration: 1 day
You must hold a valid Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) certificate, which has been gained within the last five years. Candidates must take an SSSTS Refresher course before their existing certificate expires, otherwise the full SSSTS course will have to be taken again. You must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Assessment and examination
This is a highly interactive course delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations. You will be continuously assessed and required to successfully complete a multiple-choice test.
Qualifications & certification
Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded a CITB Site Safety Plus certificate.
This qualification must be renewed every five years by attending another SSSTS Refresher course.