What is IOSH Fire Safety Awareness?
This IOSH course teaches individuals about fire prevention, fire protection, fire risks, how to identify potential fire hazards, and what to do in the event of a fire. The course covers topics such as how fires start, the types of fires, what to do if you smell gas, and how to use a fire extinguisher.
The course is beneficial for anyone who wants to learn more about fire safety, and it provides basic knowledge that can help keep you safe. It is important for everyone to have a general understanding of fire safety and how to prevent fires from happening.
Training course programme
- Effective fire evacuation
- Roles and responsibilities in a fire emergency
- Fire and firefighting equipment
- Identifying workplace fire risks
Why the course programme works
- Designed for any person, in any sector and in any organisation worldwide
- Provides the knowledge and tools required to tackle fire safety issues
- Improves organisation-wide fire safety awareness culture and appreciation of fire safety measures
- Flexible delivery options to suit your business - the course only takes half a day to complete
- Efficient and effective learning fire basics are covered in a single programme
Course assessments and examination
Assessments are designed to evaluate delegates' understanding of the course content and include a multi-format question paper. There is no pass or fail for the examination, but all delegates must achieve a mark of at least 80% to receive their IOSH Certificate.
Course qualifications & certification
The IOSH Fire Safety Awareness certificate is awarded to delegates on successful completion of the course. The certificate is proof of the delegate's knowledge of fire safety and their ability to prevent fires from happening.