What is IOSH Leading Safety training course?
IOSH Leading Safely course is a comprehensive and interactive program that provides managers and business leaders with the skills and knowledge to manage health and safety risks effectively.
The course is designed to help participants understand their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (HSWA), and covers a range of topics including risk assessment, communication, leadership, management and safety and health vision.
Training course programme
- The responsibilities and behaviours of a leader
- What effective safety and health leadership looks like
- How to get things right and use the correct health and safety practices
- How leaders can make improvements
- The benefits of effective safety and health management
Why the course programme works
The IOSH Leading Safely course will support decision-makers to:
- Develop a strategic understanding of the value of safety and health
- Understand good practice from leading global organisations
- Understand where they want to position their organisation’s safety performance against other organisations
- Plan for implementation
- Understand their operational responsibilities and the opportunities of good performance, as well as the consequences of poor performance.
Course assessments and examination
Learners use the diagnostic tool, accessed via a mobile app, to identify their current safety and health position against a set of critical questions. At the end of the course, participants make a commitment to a personal action plan to improve their own and their organisations’ safety and health management.
Course qualifications & certification
On successful completion of the IOSH Leading Safely course delegates will receive the IOSH Leading Safely certificate which is recognised globally as evidence of competence in managing safety and health risks effectively.