What is the NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (UK) course?
Lay the foundations for healthier and safer construction.
Gain invaluable knowledge, practical skills AND a globally respected qualification that supports your role: You’ll gain:
- Technical know-how to comply with legislation and implement best practice
- Practical skills to apply back in the workplace
- Confidence to influence your colleagues to work more safely
- Ability to adapt to changing workplaces and sites.
Everything you need to make your construction site healthier and safer!
Training course programme & duration
Learners will be better able to influence their on-site colleagues to work more safely; because they will gain the confidence and technical know-how to challenge unsafe behaviours and offer practical solutions.
Aligned to CDM regulations, NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (UK) is guided by legislation but focussed on best practice. The broad syllabus includes:
- CDM roles and responsibilities
- Health and safety culture
- Assessing risk
- Managing change
- Mobile plant and vehicles
- Working at height
- Musculoskeletal health
- Work equipment
- Chemical and biological agents
- Physical and psychological health.
With an emphasis on practical application, successful learners will be able to:
- Recognise, assess and control a range of common construction hazards
- Develop safe systems of work
- Take part in incident investigations
- Advise on the roles, competencies and duties under construction legislation
- Positively influence health and safety culture
- Confidently challenge unsafe behaviours
- Help manage contractors
Length of course
The Level 7 NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (UK) will involve a minimum of 70 taught hours, and approximately 40 hours of private study and background reading to prepare for the 48 hours open book examination.
Course assessments and examination
We've developed a practical assessment for this practical role.
This is a digital assessment based on a realistic scenario, that will test both what you know and what you can do. You will be asked to carry out a series of tasks using evidence from the scenario and the underpinning knowledge gained through your studies and revision. You will have 48 hours to download, complete and submit your assessment.
Your assessment will be marked by an external examiner appointed by NEBOSH. These examiners are chosen for their experience and expertise to ensure that learners are assessed by the very best from our industry.